Cities Skylines is a fantastic Mayor-City Building Simulator Game, but it just does not give much information about how to fix things in it. One of the errors which most people come across in Cities Skylines is the “Not enough goods to sell” A lot of people have encountered this. Some start their game from scratch just because of this single error, but you do not need to start from the scratch though because fixing it is pretty easy it can happen due to one of these reasons, and we will tell you how to fix those issues which are causing the “Not Enough Goods to Sell in Cities Skylines.”
So just like I mentioned, this error can be there for a few reasons, and these reasons will seem completely valid as well because they tried to keep this aspect of the game realistic enough. Too bad they do not tell you much about how to fix it and what is the main reason behind it because it could be any of these four so you have to make sure that these errors are not present on your save.
How to Fix Not Enough Goods to Sell in Cities Skylines
In Cities: Skylines, one of the common issues players face is the “Not Enough Goods to Sell” notification. This problem occurs when commercial zones cannot acquire sufficient goods from local industries or import them from outside connections. If left unresolved, this can lead to commercial buildings becoming abandoned and a decrease in overall city happiness. In this guide, we will explore various strategies to address the “Not Enough Goods to Sell” issue and maintain a well-functioning city.
- Improve transportation infrastructure: A well-developed transportation network is crucial for the efficient movement of goods between industrial and commercial zones. Inspect your road layouts and make modifications where necessary. Implementing one-way streets, roundabouts, and bypass roads can significantly improve traffic flow. Ensure that commercial areas have direct access to main roads or highways, reducing travel time for freight trucks.
- Manage traffic congestion: With increasing city size, traffic congestion can become a severe problem, hindering the smooth flow of goods in and out of commercial zones. Consider upgrading roads, adding more lanes, or optimizing intersections to reduce traffic bottlenecks. By using mods like Traffic Manager: President Edition, you gain access to advanced traffic management tools that can enhance your city’s traffic handling capabilities.
- Utilize cargo transportation: Apart from road transportation, consider utilizing cargo trains and cargo ships for moving goods within your city and from external connections. Establish cargo train terminals and harbors near industrial zones to facilitate the efficient transfer of goods. Create dedicated rail or harbor connections for commercial zones to ensure seamless access to these goods.
- Encourage local production: To reduce the dependence on imports, focus on promoting local industry production. Zone more industrial areas in your city, ensuring adequate coverage of specialized industry sectors such as forestry, agriculture, ore, and oil. By increasing the local production of goods, commercial buildings will have easier access to the goods they need to operate successfully.
- Reduce commercial zoning densities: If your city has an excess of commercial zones, it can strain the supply chain and contribute to the “Not Enough Goods to Sell” issue. Assess your city’s commercial needs and, if necessary, decrease commercial zoning densities to create a balance between the demand for goods and the available supply.
- Expand industry education: Businesses in Cities: Skylines require educated workers to function efficiently. Encourage higher education by building more schools, universities, and other educational facilities. An educated populace will result in more productive industries, which in turn can supply a greater number of goods to commercial zones.
- Connect to the global market: Ensure that your city has easy access to external connections like highways, railroads, shipping lanes, and airport cargo terminals. These connections facilitate seamless imports and exports of goods, making it easier for your commercial zones to acquire the products they need.
- Monitor industry levels: As your city evolves, industries may undergo a leveling-up process, resulting in a temporary dip in production. Keep an eye on the leveling progress of your industrial areas to anticipate goods shortages and plan accordingly.
- Employ demand management policies: Use demand management policies available in the game, such as “Big Business Benefactor” or “Small Business Enthusiast,” to alter demand for goods in commercial zones. By tweaking the demand, you can effectively address the imbalance between the supply of goods and the needs of commercial buildings.
- Maintain regular monitoring: Continuously monitor both industrial and commercial zones for any underlying issues, such as traffic congestion, insufficient workforce, or inadequate infrastructure. Regular monitoring and prompt action can help maintain the efficient flow of goods within your city and prevent the “Not Enough Goods to Sell” issue from arising.
Implementing these strategies can help tackle the “Not Enough Goods to Sell” problem in Cities: Skylines, ensuring smooth gameplay and a thriving city. By focusing on efficient transportation, local production, and proactive monitoring, you can effectively manage the supply of goods to your commercial zones and keep your citizens satisfied
This issue will show up as an icon on top of commercial buildings, and it happens because either your road structure is terrible. It does not let the trucks get through which deliver stuff to the factories and everything, or the generic industries are just way too far away from the commercial buildings which lead to this error as well, or it could just be another case let’s start talking bout how you can fix these issues to fix the “Not Enough Goods to Sell” Error in Cities Skylines.
Make a Proper Road System
A Bad Road System will lead to too much traffic on the roads, which will not let the trucks get to their destination, so they cannot deliver the goods to Commercial Buildings and they cannot sell anything; to fix this error, you will need to create multiple paths which lead to the same destination for these trucks it might sound hard but trust me you will get the rest of it once you start doing it.
There are Cargo Trains and Cargo Ships in this game, so try to build routes for them as well; if you are still receiving the “Not Enough Goods To Sell” Error in Cities Skylines if that does not help either, then it might be because of another reason.
Get Generic Industries Closer to Commercial Buildings
This is the most accessible error to fix in Cities Skylines; you have to move the Generic Industries closer to Commercial Buildings so the trucks get there faster also, here’s another tip you should check the estimated time a car reaches a destination so it will give you a reasonable estimation of how close a Generic Industry should be to a Commercial Building most people get the “Not Enough Goods To Sell” Error in the Cities Skylines Game because of this alone.
Balance the Ratio of Commercial Buildings and Generic Industries
This is pretty simple if you have too many Commercial Buildings and not a lot of Generic Industries of course, you will not have enough goods to sell, so you have to balance the ratio and put the right amount of both to fix the “Not Good Enough” Error in your game.
These are all the ways we found to fix the “Not Enough Goods to Sell” Error in Cities Skylines, but if this error still happens to you, please let us know in the comments so we can help fix the error.
What do you think about this? Please let us know in the comments below and check out our other guides.