According to a German Retailer Listing on GamesOnly Resident Evil 8 will be the Darkest and the Cruelest part of the Resident Evil Series, the translated listing “It should be by far the darkest and cruelest part of the Resident Evil series … stay tuned … …”
The image below is the artwork that GamesOnly has posted as the cover art, but it is not official, we do know that it will be the darkest and the cruelest game of the Resident Evil series.
Dusk Golem (an Insider) has also stated that RE8 was supposed to be revealed at the PlayStation 5 event. He said in a tweet, “I’m like 99% sure now RE8 is at the PS5 reveal event. As others noticed, all the RE games went on sale yesterday, & RE7, in particular, went on the deepest discount it’s EVER had by a long shot, around the same time the PS5 reveal event was supposed to happen yesterday. So yeah.”
He has also previously said that it is the Darkest and the most Gruesome Resident Evil game, yet it will have some of the most disturbing enemy designs in RE History.
Previous rumors about Resident Evil 8 that were sent to Biohazard Cast
- Ethan will be returning as a playable character.
- Resident Evil 8 was tested last year.
- It will not be called Resident Evil 8, but will have a “clever title.”
- The game will be in First-person like RE7.
- Gameplay starts in a village leading up to a castle.
- The environment will be rural, snowy, and mountainous, possibly Europe.
- Regular zombies will appear instead of the Molded from RE7.
- There is a persistent shadowy “female” enemy that will follow you but will dissipate if shot.
- There are also wolf-like creatures that will attack the player in certain areas.
- Chris Redfield will also be returning in some capacity.