Microsoft has confirmed that they will attend Hot Chips 2020 to talk about the Xbox Series X Architecture, they will talk about it on August 17, according to the Hot Chips official schedule, We already know the Specifications of Xbox Series X, this might be an in-depth look at Xbox Series X, the presentation will be delivered by Jeff Andrews from Microsoft on August 17, 2020, between 5:30 – 7:00 PM Pacific Time
Xbox Series X Specs
- CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.8GHz (3.6GHz with SMT) 7nm
- GPU: 12 TFLOPs, 52 CUs at 1.825GHz, Custom RDNA 2
- Memory: 16GB GDDR6
- Storage: 1TB custom NVMe SSD
- Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray
- Ports: HDMI 2.1 output, 3x USB 3.2, networking port, expanded storage slot, power input
- 120 fps support
- Potential 8K resolutions
- Ray-tracing technology
- Variable Rate Shading for more stable frame rates
- Compatible with Xbox One accessories
- Smart Delivery
Hot Chips is an annual event that invites silicon manufacturers and product manufacturers to talk about the latest technologies. Whether it’s FPGA systems, servers, mobile SoCs, or consoles, the symposium aims at providing an in-depth briefing on architectures.
Microsoft also attended Hot Chips in 2013 to talk about Xbox One Architecture So expect some tech talk like the one in 2013 they might not show any games at Hot Chips since it’s just a look at the Xbox Series X Architecture, Xbox is going to reveal Xbox Series X games in July.
Nvidia and AMD are also going to reveal their next-gen GPUs and CPUs at Hot Chips 2020.
What do you think? Please let us know in the comments below.